Questions for Motorola

A place to discuss Motorola equipment
HAMdmr.co.uk

Questions for Motorola

Postby HAMdmr.co.uk » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Ok, so as a company we had a great 2014, so good we smashed our annual target and won one of 10 places on a trip of a lifetime with Motorola to Las Vegas. I go on the 21st Feb.

I'm not going to lie, its going to be a massive 'Jolly' and I can't wait for all the stuff they've got planned for us. It's seriously a once in a life time trip they've got planned :)

But out of the 5 days we're there we've got a meeting with the Motorola big wigs to discuss Motorola products and markets in the UK.

Since amateur radio helped massively to get us a place on this trip I think it only fair to open it up on the forums, to get some questions that you guys want answers for. What would you ask Motorola product developers if you had the chance?

We've got a 3hr meeting with them during our trip and all the other people who won a place on the trip are mainly big radio dealers who aim their sales at PLC's etc, not radio hams.

I hope we can get some good feedback from them regarding the DMR MARC network and also amateur radio use of their products in the UK.

Ruyton
Call Sign: G0DNI

Re: Questions for Motorola

Postby Ruyton » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:12 pm

A simpler (and less expensive?) way for the average amateur to legitimately obtain the Motorola CPS. It seems that you have to jump through a lot of hoops as the company isn't really set up to deal with individuals.
Gary
G0DNI
Shrewbury UK

Return to “Motorola General Dissucsion”