PD705 LT firmware / CPS

For discussion of Hytera Radio's
rm05
Call Sign: M2NA

PD705 LT firmware / CPS

Postby rm05 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:57 am

I wondered if anyone else has one of these radios or knows of recent firmware updates (and matching CPS) for it. I cannot seem to find anything via Google. I'm hoping that they will fix the audio 'spikes' -- short blasts of very high volume on received overs, mostly at the beginning. I notice this on all my Hyteras and it's very annoying.

The difficulty in getting this software, essential for all functionality on these radios, when these companies clearly don't want hobbyists, is one of the big drawbacks to me of DMR radio.

Thanks.

Tyrbiter
Call Sign: G8SEZ

Re: PD705 LT firmware / CPS

Postby Tyrbiter » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:48 pm

rm05 wrote:I wondered if anyone else has one of these radios or knows of recent firmware updates (and matching CPS) for it. I cannot seem to find anything via Google. I'm hoping that they will fix the audio 'spikes' -- short blasts of very high volume on received overs, mostly at the beginning. I notice this on all my Hyteras and it's very annoying.

The difficulty in getting this software, essential for all functionality on these radios, when these companies clearly don't want hobbyists, is one of the big drawbacks to me of DMR radio.

Thanks.

Have a look here:

https://www.hamdigitaal.nl/hytera-firmware/

https://www.hamdigitaal.nl/hytera-software-1/

You should be able to download v8 fw and CPS for the PD705
Brian

rm05
Call Sign: M2NA

Postby rm05 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Thank you Brian, I will look into doing that when I get the time. I was a bit concerned about bricking the radio but found the upgrade procedure is documented and is the same as on the PD785. I managed to upgrade my PD365s OK (although there were no benefits) so hopefully this will not be too problematic...

Tyrbiter
Call Sign: G8SEZ

Postby Tyrbiter » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:13 am

rm05 wrote:Thank you Brian, I will look into doing that when I get the time. I was a bit concerned about bricking the radio but found the upgrade procedure is documented and is the same as on the PD785. I managed to upgrade my PD365s OK (although there were no benefits) so hopefully this will not be too problematic...

You need the correct programming cable, it's a PC38. Screws onto the accessories connector on the side of the radio.
Brian

Return to “Hytera General Discussion”