The password issue with the CPS is being fixed - have a look at the "Radioddity Two Way Radio" FB Group.
Setting up a code plug is not hard, just a bit longer to do without the import/export function which will be added - see FW/CPS update plan below.
As for my radio, I got it off Amazon (sold by Treasure Nova) - http://amzn.eu/8Qpn6OA
GD-77 Update Progress & Plan
1) Talk Permit Tones……EST 8th, Sep.
2) 1750 Tones Option……EST 8th, Sep.
3) Promiscuous Mode……EST October
4) 5V Desktop Charger USB Port……Still testing
5) Backlight options……will be available for the next batch of radios
For the above 1) & 2) we will provide a firmware upgrade tutorial later
1) The comma display issue on European version……Already upgraded
2) Password on advanced mode, enter once and saved……Already upgraded
3) Contact List Summary Display, and support import and export function with xls file (Excel)……EST 8th, Sep.
4) Channel List Summary Display, and support import and export function with xls file (Excel)……EST 8th, Sep.
For the above 1) & 2) the newest CPS is already available on our website; We will send out notice if 3) & 4) are ok.
3. To be determined
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , TYT MD-9600 , TYT MD-UV380 , Anytone AT-D868UV , Retevis RT8 , DV Mega (Pi-Star) , Inrico T320
Local repeaters GB7CT , GB7WL , GB7HR , GB7NS , GB7GF and GB7BK
Admin : http://www.dmr-uk.net