SMS - Phoenix Network

This section is for general chat and any off topic posts that dont fit in anywhere else, if we find somewhere they fit better a member of the admin team will move the post for you
G0FHM
Call Sign: G0FHM

SMS - Phoenix Network

Postby G0FHM » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi Guys,

A quick question re text messaging. I can TX & RX SMS to/from another mobile on the same repeater, but messages sent to others parts of the network (ie me on GB7PE to a station on say, GB7MK) always fail. I am aware that the SMS/Call alerts should "follow" the message receiver around the different gateways if they are active on that particular gateway.

Messages always fail.

I have an Openspot which is connected to Phoenix-F as MMDVM, and SMS sent via the web interface to the network (To my MD380) which is on GB7PE always fail, and radio via openspot (my Wouxun KG-D901) to my MD380 on PE also fail.

Is this a Phoenix network issue? Is SMS across the network not enabled? For what it's worth, I can send a SMS from the openspot web interface to both radios from the modem.

Any thoughts?

It's got me scratching my head!

73 de G0FHM

Novice
Call Sign: m6oaf

Re: SMS - Phoenix Network

Postby Novice » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:55 am

Hello,

There was a mention of this here, http://www.dmr-uk.net/index.php/announcements/ it is not a feature I have tried yet so am keen to know feedback on if it works as described.

Ian

Updated post from DMR UK 12th June 2017

There seems to be some confusion how text and call alerts work on Phoenix UK. The platform now uses a routing table which keeps track of where users last transmitted from. Unlike before, you no longer have to text or send call alerts on the same Timeslot as the other user is on. You can now send them on either timeslot and the messages will send to the user via the last repeater the person you are sending to was using. If you are mobile and wish for people to keep in contact with you, please when changing repeaters make a short transmission to TG9990. This will ensure users all get the text messages and call alerts they are sent.

G0FHM
Call Sign: G0FHM

Re: SMS - Phoenix Network

Postby G0FHM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:40 am

Yes, I've done all that!

The APRS settings for Phoenix are identical to the settings for Brandmeister. I have also noted that on Brandmeister my openspot is reporting it's position (with ambiguity) via APRS. Doesn't show when connected to Phoenix.

I'll try connecting to a different server other than the UK servers and wil see what happens. Not 100% convinced it will work though!

J

Return to “General Chit Chat / Off Topic”