www.cc-3.net hacked ???

This section is for general chat and any off topic posts that dont fit in anywhere else, if we find somewhere they fit better a member of the admin team will move the post for you
Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin
Call Sign: 2E0SQK

Re: www.cc-3.net hacked ???

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:57 pm

Hi Chris, I am aware of who your talking about but this can be miss read as its me that runs the forum and it was setup by me.

Just for clarification, the domain is held and paid for by another person. The forum was setup by myself from a blank site to what is here now.

99% of the users know me as being the person that runs DMR Users and is responsible for it, granted I don't pay the bill but I am responsible for it and its day to day running so your previous comment could be miss read as meaning myself which is why I have piped up now as I do not want my name being banded around by a miss understanding.

Hope that clears things up from that perspective.

I am sorry that you felt that you had to take the CC-3 webpage down, I was using it myself at the time and after having to do a reboot after a system update I found out it was down myself and has left me in limbo as I was working on a code plug and also a file for this site too. I think leaving the website up would have been a better idea or if the repeater lists and talk group pdf file is still there then would it be possible to post some links up so that people can still see details for repeaters on the various networks and what talk groups are available.

I made the offer in the past to allow a section on here for administrative use and that offer is open to all USERS, KEEPERS, ADMINS and assistants all I need is to be advised what you need and I can set it up. There its out in the open and public that the offer has been made, we already have a keepers section if a keeper wants access to it they just need to message me. The same goes for any reps from the various networks out there that want an outlet to pass information out to the users. Offers are there if anyone wants to take them up then they are more than welcome just drop me a message if not then fine. As a user I know how important it is to have the information out there and im more than happy to share what I can where I can.

If you want to pass that around Chris then I am more than happy to facilitate things where I am able to. That is my stand point on it and if asked in person or on air then that will be my response, im not going to get into a pissing match over things as you said its been done to death on FB. I personally want to see us getting back to enjoying radio after all how much have we spent on the dam stuff ????? I know you have a fair bit of money in kit as do I am and as im sure allot of people here have so lets get back to enjoying the thing we spent all that time and effort learning and being able to use :)

2E0UCW
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Postby 2E0UCW » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:18 pm

The ship may have hit a sand bank but it's still afloat.
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , Motorola DP4800; Hytera PD-365 , Raspberry Pi 3 & DV4 Mini
Local repeaters GB7HR, GB7WL, GB7NS, GB7GF and GB7BK
DMR-UK.net Admin

Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:23 pm

Thats good to know but it does not help the users out.

As I said if the pages are still online for the repeaters on each network and the TG pdf could you post the links here and ill transpose them to a sticky thread.

I am fielding messages left right and centre here asking for info that I do not have as I only have a few repeaters back in the documents after the last round of changes as I was working through them one by one to make sure the info held was correct, with repeaters moving and changing TG's etc etc the info quickly got out of date and was halfway though a master document myself when the site was removed, at least having access to the basic information would help allot of people out.

2E0UCW
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Postby 2E0UCW » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Unfortunately it's due to some users that we had to take such drastic action.

However due to reasons I will not put in writing, I won't be doing anything via this site.

Rome might not have been built in a day but miracles do happen.
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , Motorola DP4800; Hytera PD-365 , Raspberry Pi 3 & DV4 Mini
Local repeaters GB7HR, GB7WL, GB7NS, GB7GF and GB7BK
DMR-UK.net Admin

Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:44 pm

Not a problem Chris your welcome to put as little or as much info here as you wish.

Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Postby Metradio » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:47 pm

What gets me is when Phoenix was first announced, it was simply put forward as an 'enhancement' to the DMR UK network, when I started to question it's significance and to request more information I was ridiculed by the CC-3, with comments of: 'read the announcement, that's all you need to know'... Now we see that CC-3 and DMR UK are out of the window and the network is being run by the 'enhancement' with even less info than before.. :(

Mike

Image ;)
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPYonARD
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT

g6fgy
Call Sign: G6FGY

Postby g6fgy » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:19 pm

Did it ever occur to you Mike, that the CC-3 team didn't know any more than what was in that announcement?

Were we wrong in putting what information we did have out there for the users, or would you (and others) preferred to have been kept in the dark about it?

Even the fact that we didn't know any more than what was in the announcement, was continually being questioned. And now I see that you're commenting that you're getting even less info than you did before. Well tough. People have shot the messenger.

As I've said else where, there comes a time when you realise being kicked in the nuts, hurts and sometimes it's best to walk away from the cause of that pain.

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:42 pm

So it is my fault for asking questions, in that case I am guilty as charged. And if you lot accepted without question what was being introduced, you were a bit naive.. If you were surprised by others questioning your actions, maybe it is best that others take the reigns..

Myself I would have told the truth - good or bad, that way you are transparent.. But I suppose that would have been against the party line..

Mike

Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:09 pm

well whats done is done, we can analyse it till the cows come home, its not going to make much of a difference it is.

If I sit here I can find fault in all the systems in one way or another, non of the systems are perfect and I foresee problems down the line but with luck it will be problems someone involved in the systems has seen it too and theres plans in place.

As iv said before I guess its sit back and see how it unfolds and try and get back to enjoying using the radio still plenty out there to do, I work local through my local repeater and monitor simplex and a couple of local UHF repeaters too so normally something to do :D

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:10 am

I am just annoyed at the moment, hopefully it will pass...
A couple of weeks ago I had plans to import a CS800 DMR mobile from the US, but have put that on hold for a while..

Mike

Return to “General Chit Chat / Off Topic”