Chertsey Radio club testing new DMR hand held

This section is for general chat and any off topic posts that dont fit in anywhere else, if we find somewhere they fit better a member of the admin team will move the post for you
m0jfp
Call Sign: m0jfp

Re: Chertsey Radio club testing new DMR hand held

Postby m0jfp » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:17 pm

I had not seen the price match / drop but that's the effect of the other retailer dropping his price I guess?

I wonder what price the md390 will come in at? that's the new one people are looking for at the moment.

We have some images of the radio and will be releasing them next week.

Our first large batch of radios has been placed, so we are almost ready for action.

Please be patient whilst we finish off the manuals and user guide and beta / wild testing and feedback tasks.

We will keep you posted with the progress, just really busy at the moment getting everything ready....

Metradio wrote:Looks like you have got NEVADA worried as well, they have dropped the MD-380 price to £99.95 + 5.95pp..

Some close up photos would be nice..

Mike
CRC Trilogy DMR / Easy Access
Trilogy-990
Raspberry Pi-3 with DV4-mini

Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Postby Metradio » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:27 pm

The cheapest UK seller for the MD-390 I have seen is £116.99 inc p+p..
Be aware the GPS version is a seperate radio that is not available at the moment.

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPYonARD
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT

Tyrbiter
Call Sign: G8SEZ

Postby Tyrbiter » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Metradio wrote:Looks like you have got NEVADA worried as well, they have dropped the MD-380 price to £99.95 + 5.95pp..

Some close up photos would be nice..
I note from the CRC web site that the radio will be supplied programmed with One local repeater and DMR ID preprogrammed, is that it ??

Mike

Maybe the limited programming is to encourage purchasers to learn how to add to it themselves? If so it's a laudable aim, just hope the hints and tips part of the software is nice and clear.
Brian

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Tyrbiter wrote:....Maybe the limited programming is to encourage purchasers to learn how to add to it themselves? If so it's a laudable aim, just hope the hints and tips part of the software is nice and clear....

This may change - the original concept was to supply the radio pre-programmed and to not supply programming software and cable, any re-programming done by return by post. I am sure James will comment...

Mike

m0jfp

Postby m0jfp » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:51 am

Good morning Gent's,

I have added the all important *S* to repeaters on the blog page!

Yes part of the project to make DMR *Easy Access* is to provide the radio with your DMR ID and a few repeaters, hopefully after a few radios go we will have several code plugs with many different combinations and the work load will go down, not that its that hard to do a custom code plug.
maybe 10 mins work for 4 repeaters. We will include the simplex analogue and dmr channels as well.

I do like the idea of teaching a man to fish though and this could be another arm of the project.
code plug tutorials now on the list, video and documentation...
Maybe another idea would be to approach clubs and get one expert who can share their knowledge the the rest?
what is dmr, what is a code plug, how do I get my radio programmed up.... Brand neutral...

We have the custom software and have spent a bit of time adding Ham radio specific hints and tips in it.
Comments and feedback will always help us improve the documentation and we can get this updated and shared out very quickly.
Community spirit, maybe we can add a name / call to the pages you help edit ;-) just as a thank you 8-)

As a heads up, given the feedback on this and other forums and research , we will ship the programming cable in every box now.
Its a tiny overhead but gives you the opportunity to do your own thing or just try and have a go. *Go Fish*

We will post code plugs on the blog site, you can also send the radio back if that is your preferred option.

As a project / community just post your code plug requests, or let us know if something changes in your area.
You could also share any code plugs back to us? that really could help.

Any question's comments or feedback please post in here.

James M0JFP / WO2I
Trilogy-990

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:40 am

That is a more sensible approach James :)

Mike

m0jfp

Postby m0jfp » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Long awaited update, please take a look at our blog page: http://chertseyradioclub.blogspot.co.uk ... -beta.html

We have now published the first images of the radio along with some of our testing and documentation.

Your feedback and comments as always are appreciated.

We hope to be able to start selling in the next 2 weeks.
Trilogy-990

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:53 pm

Tell me if I am wrong James, the TRILOGY-850 is a re-badged KYDERA DM-850 and the TRILOGY-990 is a re-badged KYDERA DM-990 :?:

Mike

m0jfp

Postby m0jfp » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:34 am

Hi Mike,
Thanks for your message, you are in the right area, however we are not in the “box shifting” market like a number of the main manufactures and retailers. The base radio is the same but the firmware, radio menus, accessories and a whole host of other things are unique to the Chertsey Radio club as we have been working very closely with the manufacturer.

Out of the box or direct from the manufacturer the units are a fair way away from what we consider ready to go to market and it is the Clubs time we have invested and also this will allow us to support the radios in the future.

As research and development time goes we are at around 260 hours invested between all of the members, testers and the conversations we have had with the manufacture for these 2 radios.

We do have other radio manufactures and models we are working with if you reviewed the blog you may have seen some other radios that we are working with.
It is only after a fair amount of evaluation we feel these radios are ready to move forward and be sold as our first batch, we want this to be a success and want to support the users as a community as opposed to retailer.

If you have any further question please do let me know as you are no doubt saying what many are thinking :D

Best Regards,

James / M0JFP
Trilogy-990

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:15 pm

m0jfp wrote:....If you have any further question please do let me know as you are no doubt saying what many are thinking :D

One question that springs to mind with all the Market Speak, how come you are not working for Lynchy :?:

Seriously it sounds good, you are going at least one step further that anyone else..
I know you would not answer this, but, how much future support are the manufacturers giving you ? I know a few dealers of DMR radios are running into problems of support ending after a year or two, with manufacturers not releasing firmware source code, CPS source code and even design circuits..

Mike

Return to “General Chit Chat / Off Topic”