CS750 UHF Handheld

For discussion of Connect Systems Radio's
G6ENU
Call Sign: G6ENU

CS750 UHF Handheld

Postby G6ENU » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Is there anyone else out there that has got a CS750, or am I the only one?

If I'm not alone, would it make sense for one of us to start publishing a code plug? (I get the impression - although I could be wrong - that the CS700 and CS750 code plugs are not compatible.)

(At least for the time being, I would be happy to be the one doing that, as long as people could put up with my borderline-OCD-inspired channel setup, which has each repeater occupying exactly 16 channels even if there aren't 16 channels needed for that repeater. I'd have to remember to clear out a few specific-to-my-use bits and pieces each time, such as zones I have set up specifically for trips we have made recently, but I don't think that would be an insurmountable problem.)

In addition, the CS750 (and I can't comment whether other radios have similar capabilities) has the ability to export its channels (but not, as far as I can tell, zones with the version of the programming software I have) and contacts (including talk groups and other group calls) into a pair of excel spreadsheets which can then be manipulated if necessary before re-import. There are a few oddities to what happens if you do this, which I haven't got to the bottom of yet, but it has allowed me to sort the contacts into callsign order, which is better than the semi-random order they were programmed in when I received it.
Ian
Camberley
Surrey

Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: CS750 UHF Handheld

Postby Metradio » Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi Ian, you will find that Chris Taylor does a decent up to date code plug for the CS750:
http://www.codeplugcentral.co.uk/

Also Connect Systems have just updated their CPS and are about to publish new firmware to accomodate 2000 Memories and over 65000 contacts, codeplugs will be forwards compatible but not backwards, codeplugs are larger from 272 to 352kb:
http://www.connectsystems.com/software/ ... 0CS750.htm

Mike, Slough
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPYonARD
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT

G6ENU

Postby G6ENU » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:35 pm

I'm guessing that's where the initial codeplug in my radio came from - it has the same spelling error in 'EURPOE' (sic) for example.

I think I'll stick to rolling my own for now - his seems to be a bit generic in terms of what is included in the zones, and doesn't include some of the roaming groups that I've picked up on from this message board.
Ian
Camberley
Surrey

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:43 pm

It is compiled as a starter codeplug Ian, so one can't complain..
Anyway, yes I would be interested in a copy of your codeplug please.

Mike Slough

G6ENU

Postby G6ENU » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:56 pm

OK - when I've finished my current sanitisation pass (which won't be immediate as my first priority is my XYL - Carole, M6ENU - who isn't well at the moment) I'll clone it and take the me-specific stuff out and upload it.
Ian
Camberley
Surrey

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:47 am

Thanks..

Mike, Slough

Neil
Call Sign: M0NFI

Postby Neil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:40 am

Spent over an hour last night at a club meeting making corrections to the code plug that came in a new CS750 from Taylor Made RF. The owner was saying he rarely heard anyone on his local repeater. The code plug didn't even have scan set up which is why he wasn't hearing much. The code plug didn't have TG3 in it. I just downloaded the codeplug linked from their website in case the owner had messed up his radio and it is the same, no TG3 and no scanning apart from a London and SW cluster scan list. If you buy one please be prepared to edit the code plug yourself or find a better code plug to put in it yourself.

g6fgy
Call Sign: G6FGY

Postby g6fgy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Neil wrote:......The code plug didn't have TG3 in it. I just downloaded the codeplug linked from their website in case the owner had messed up his radio and it is the same, no TG3 and no scanning apart from a London and SW cluster scan list.......

TG3 used to be linked to North America but is no longer carried on the DMR-MARC EU/UK repeater network,
therefore there's need to have it in the codeplug.

Scan lists tend to be set up on an individual basis, as a users requirement for what is/isn't included will vary from repeater to repeater and region to region. At least having the London and SW cluster programmed gives users some idea as to the way the codeplug is set up for that facility.

Eric (G6FGY)

Neil
Call Sign: M0NFI

Postby Neil » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:57 pm

Thank you for the information Eric, I've just had that pointed out to me elsewhere. I was looking at old info on one of the repeaters websites.
There is a need for TG3 in your codeplug as it is carried on DMR+ repeaters and I live in range of both Marc and DMR+ repeaters.

As a new user buying a new radio it would have been handy for him if each repeater had a scan list set up for that repeater so he wouldn't have felt like DMR was as dead as he was thinking.

Return to “Connect Systems”