Another Norfolk 'bor - M0HPJ

This is section is so that everyone can pop a quick intro up to say hello give a bit of information etc
jaydublu
Call Sign: M0HPJ

Another Norfolk 'bor - M0HPJ

Postby jaydublu » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Friend of 2E0LSR kevigizmo - also Lowland Rescue, 4x4 Response, Raynet etc, and just to wind him up I'm Defra module 3 Swiftwater Rescue Technician and booked to do my Module 4 Swiftwater and Floor Rescue Boat Operator's course in a few weeks ;)

In the process of setting up a Mototrbo network for Lowland Rescue in Norfolk, part of the national LRNet, so I'm on a steep learning curve, but loving every minute so far.
Jim
South Norfolk, UK
M0HPJ

kevigizmo
Call Sign: 2E0LSR

Re: Another Norfolk 'bor - M0HPJ

Postby kevigizmo » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:55 am

wind me up Jim? Never ... :P I'll be SRT Next Year... perhaps..

Indeed we are both in process of getting things setup for the Team, Be an interesting project as we roll it out
Kevin
North Norfolk, UK
M6EMT / 2E0LSR
Consultant Wireless & Networking Engineer
MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCINE, UCWA, UEWA, CompTIA A+, Mimosa Partner, Siklu Partner

Co-Keeper - GB3NU, GB7NU, GB3GR + Other AllStar, FreeSTAR, DV Gateways
MS0SIA SIDX Group

2e0ELW
Call Sign: 2e0ELW

Postby 2e0ELW » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:29 pm

Does the LR use encryption or is it just regular DMR? They use it on VHF I have been led to believe. Mostly because I bought my UHF kit off someone who was moving to VHF and this kit was incorrect.

G1MAW
Call Sign: G1MAW

Postby G1MAW » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:16 pm

This link is the updated licence as they were amalgamated into one.

http://spectruminfo.ofcom.org.uk/spectr ... nd+licence

It was all started in 2013, but it was under the Digicall brand, with three guys initially setting it all up including the very first one on Bracknell plod mast, which was directly funded by one of the three Digicall members (older person). Surrey SAR with their very knowledgeable comms guy (EX BT) was also part of the first start up along with Kent, which does not link directly into any other net as it belongs to a radio dealer in Dover, the deal was done by one of the older members of Digicall.

The network uses Enhanced crypto and has RAS enabled.

It was unfortunate and not common knowledge that the licencee mentioned on the link wanted to have it all his way, not allowing direct calls, only group calls (so he could listen to it all) with other demands, so even in the voluntary world, you get the empire builders!

Incidentally, the latter company, SARCOMM, that infact preceeded Digicall and the lrnetwork, holds all the assets and has grown into a larger LCP network, the directors of it have been in comms since the early 80's under another company name, not common knowledge.

Some of the lrnetwork is linked with 4G, as well as twisted pair ADSL, so reliance on a couple of third party networks!

So something to be going on with....

Return to “Introductions”