New to DMR

This is section is so that everyone can pop a quick intro up to say hello give a bit of information etc
ASh01MP
Call Sign: None

New to DMR

Postby ASh01MP » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:49 pm

Hello everyone!

Well im Ash i live in London SE near Bromley and recently was given a Motorola SL4000 by a friend who was using it for a film prop, so i felt i ould try put some use to it and join a DMR network for help and advise, maybe even making some friend

It all seems in a working condition and powers up transmits (U/K what Freq it is set to though) although only one channel set and i dont have anything else to test it with!

I need to need to obtain a licence for this radio before i can even consider any programing for it, so rest assured i will be asking questions about what i should do and how i should go about it! let alone all the other questions i will have :-)

Feel free to ask questions of me also, im here to meet and grete along with making friends

CW-2E0UCW
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Re: New to DMR

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:52 am

Welcome.
Do we presume that you hold no licence of any kind related to radio?
If so, you will need to obtain an amateur radio licence to utilise the Bromley repeater which is connected to the Phoenix UK DMR Repeater.
The SL4000 is max 2 watt so your location in comparison to the repeater will be crucial to getting a decent signal into the network.
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , TYT MD-9600 , TYT MD-UV380 , Anytone AT-D868UV , Retevis RT8 , DV Mega (Pi-Star) , Inrico T320
Local repeaters GB7CT , GB7WL , GB7HR , GB7NS , GB7GF and GB7BK
Admin : http://www.dmr-uk.net

ASh01MP
Call Sign: None

Re: New to DMR

Postby ASh01MP » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:14 pm

No not yet i don't, in the process of getting myself together to go for my ammeters at this time. I live around 3mins walk from the bromley borough so i assume i would be within the reach for this repeter.

Return to “Introductions”