GB7HM Disconnected from Phoenix network

Please post any changes to repeater information or any updates to TG's etc here
Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin
Call Sign: 2E0SQK

GB7HM Disconnected from Phoenix network

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi all

An update on GB7HM Hope Mountain, it has now been disconnected from the Phoenix network, TG9 Slot 2 is still active and possibly TG9 Slot 1 but I have not tried this to confirm it or had it confirmed from other sources.

One more info is available I will update it as and when.

Paul

Ruyton
Call Sign: G0DNI

Re: GB7HM Disconnected from Phoenix network

Postby Ruyton » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Definitely still active on TG9 Local TS2
Gary
G0DNI
Shrewbury UK

Pete_uk
Call Sign: M0IND

Postby Pete_uk » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Dummy spitting after the recent debacle?

Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Postby Metradio » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:13 pm

Pete_uk wrote:Dummy spitting after the recent debacle?

Possibly, he is not saying..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPYonARD
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT

Ruyton
Call Sign: G0DNI

Postby Ruyton » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:45 pm

No, just a sensible decision based on what local users want - and more particularly what users don't want. Whatever direction GB7HM takes, it will be a relief to escape all that nonsense being dictated by a few individuals. GB7HM is one of my local repeaters and I've had some nice QSO's today - including one with the keeper - on TG9. :D
Gary
G0DNI
Shrewbury UK

2E0UCW
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Postby 2E0UCW » Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Ruyton wrote:No, just a sensible decision based on what local users want - and more particularly what users don't want.

It's more like a difference of opinions
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , Motorola DP4800; Hytera PD-365 , Raspberry Pi 3 & DV4 Mini
Local repeaters GB7HR, GB7WL, GB7NS, GB7GF and GB7BK
DMR-UK.net Admin

Rob9877
Call Sign: M6ZRA

Postby Rob9877 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:46 pm

2E0UCW wrote:
Ruyton wrote:No, just a sensible decision based on what local users want - and more particularly what users don't want.

It's more like a difference of opinions

I personally am both disappointed and also relieved to be a DMR user away from the South East biased politics - I'm fed up people coming on advising that 235 was a calling channel and it was affecting some other TGs in the South East - only for the same people to then go ahead and key up S1/TG1 and have a long over with a contact in the USA !!

The UK Phoenix guys need to stop making clearly unilateral decisions that affect the whole network without consulting affected repeater keepers.

2E0UCW
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Postby 2E0UCW » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:18 pm

For your information, DMR-MARC HQ advised the guidelines on Calling Channels in March 2015 -
DMR MARC UA TG's Post (March 2015).pdf
MARC HQ - March 2015
(74.56 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
- not only did they affected TG1, TG2 and TG13 but in theory any wide area talk group thus TG235 is included. It's being pushed more so now as TG235 now has UA talk groups to supplement it as the WW TG's got TG's 113, 123, 119 & 129.

The changes made at the end of January did in fact go through the repeater keepers just days before it was made known to the users. Again mention was made of TG235 in the notes which obviously were not read by users so to quote from the first draft of the proposal that was published "Because there is no easy (and easy to understand) way to have a contact with broader territories when required we see that TG235 is used. It is considered that providing the ability to connect a single repeater to any of the regional TGs on a User Activated basis, coupled with the provision of two “UK Wide” User Activated TGs will reduce the unnecessary utilisation of repeaters when such contacts are desired". It's only the changes that were aborted at the start of this month that were decided by the network admin

As for the TG1 issue - I wouldn't say it's an issue limited to users in the UK alone - the Americans are fond of TG1 & TG13 to chat to others in the US. Plus when someone dos try to guide those people, they get abuse and branded the "DMR Police" - a situation that happened this past week.

As for SE politics, could this be due to the fact that when the UK setup it's own c-Bridge, this was initiated by repeater keepers in the SE? I personally do not know why there is a north / south divide - it may have started before I got into DMR. Yes, the c-bridge is in Greater London, Yes, the c-Bridge has it's administrators in the SE region - does it really matter what part of the UK they are from? If one does want to point fingers at regions, then they should be told that the network infrastructure was setup and maintained by a northerner who resides in Lincolnshire.
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , Motorola DP4800; Hytera PD-365 , Raspberry Pi 3 & DV4 Mini
Local repeaters GB7HR, GB7WL, GB7NS, GB7GF and GB7BK
DMR-UK.net Admin

Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin
Call Sign: 2E0SQK

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:34 pm

Ok guys been off the forum for a day or two and did not think I would come back to a comment about a keeper " SPITTING HIS DUMMY"

If you want to know the reasons for HM being pulled then I suggest you email the keeper and ask direct.

As for it turning into a debate about talk groups well thats off topic.

Since this is going to decend into chaos rather quick I am locking this thread.

If you want to have a moan about a keeper please keep it off this forum its no the place, I will support users and keepers alike and will not see ANY !!!! of them spoken about like that.

It would have been nice for Andy to give reasons sure but at the end of the day its his repeater, its his data connection and he is the man that decides what happens and goes on with them.

Yes its a pain loosing HM its my normal repeater and one I have enjoyed using and am thankful for it being there but we do have PN and I am sure most users have another box they can get into for the time being. Maybe if you think HM staying off the network is a bad idea maybe drop the keeper an email offering your support, personally I wish him luck in whatever direction HM goes in.

If you have problems with Talk Groups or CBridge decisions then please take it up with them. I don't mind some healthy debate and im the first to admit I think the changes to the Talk Groups was a bad move and the way it was done could have been done better but hey hind sight is 20/20 and its a learning curve.

ONCE MORE INFO IS AVAILABLE ON HM IT WILL BE POSTED UP

Return to “Repeater Informtion & Updates”