UK DMR+ now an even broader church

This section is for updates about the BrandMeister Network, such as Talk Groups or changes to linking to DSTAR etc
Ruyton
Call Sign: G0DNI

Re: UK DMR+ now an even broader church

Postby Ruyton » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:51 pm

A question regarding the issuing of commands to a DMR+ repeater to link/unlink to a reflector please.

I've viewed the GB7RR website http://www.gb7rr.co.uk/talkgroups.html and I'm happy with the TS1 talkgroups.

Happy also with the TG9 TS2 concept, but what I'm trying to get my head around is the issuing of the 4000/4400/5000 commands. This is what I've done so please correct me if I've got it wrong (using Motorola CPS):

- I've created new 'Group Contacts' for 4000/4400/5000 with the contact name and the call ID being set to e.g. 4400 4400

- I then created new talkgroups within my GB7RR zone using TS2 and the appropriate group contact i.e. 4400

So, if I now transmit for a second on my new talkgroup 4400 TS2, I believe that this will tell the repeater to link to reflector 4400. I then change to TG9 S2 to conduct the QSO and when I've finished I select TG4000 TS2 and transmit for one second to disconnect from the reflector.

I do realise that GB7RR defaults to the UK reflector 4400 after 15 minutes, but I'm using the above as an example. I'm not actually within range of a DMR+ repeater to check this, but it will be too late to reprogram when I am :)
Gary
G0DNI
Shrewbury UK

Neil
Call Sign: M0NFI

Re: UK DMR+ now an even broader church

Postby Neil » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:55 pm

I found it easier to create private calls not group calls. I named them with a + in front so +5000 with an ID of 5000. I then select slot2 TG9 on the repeater, go into contacts and on my DP3600 pressing left arrow a few times takes me to the contacts with a + in front of them. WIth the contact displayed just tx for a couple of seconds, when you unkey you will her the reflector status spoken back to you.

Using private calls means I don't have to add any extra channels into my repeater zones

Return to “BrandMeister Network Updates”