MD-390 Help With a Repeater Setting - Please.

A Place to ask about the TYT range of radios
2EØFVL
Call Sign: 2EØFVL

MD-390 Help With a Repeater Setting - Please.

Postby 2EØFVL » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 pm

I have a problem with an analogue repeater, frequencies and CCTSS all correct but not opening the repeater
The only thing that I think I could try is the setting 'Admit Criteria' which is set for 'Always' for all other repeaters not sure if I should change that to 'Correct CCTSS/CDCSS' or even 'Channel Free'?
Apart from setting above the settings are the same as a Wouxun which works!
Should maybe add this is a private businesses on site repeater.
Thanks.
Pete.

Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: MD-390 Help With a Repeater Setting - Please.

Postby Metradio » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Hopefully this is not a shopwatch frequency !

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPYonARD
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT

2EØFVL

Postby 2EØFVL » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:08 pm

Metradio wrote:Hopefully this is not a shopwatch frequency !

Mike

No a 36 acre museum site, where I'm a volunteer, and we operate the radio shack and they are happy for us to use our own equipment so they have more for others.
Pete.

radiotwo
Call Sign: G6YRK

Postby radiotwo » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:00 pm

2EØFVL wrote:I have a problem with an analogue repeater, frequencies and CCTSS all correct but not opening the repeater
The only thing that I think I could try is the setting 'Admit Criteria' which is set for 'Always' for all other repeaters not sure if I should change that to 'Correct CCTSS/CDCSS' or even 'Channel Free'?
Apart from setting above the settings are the same as a Wouxun which works!
Should maybe add this is a private businesses on site repeater.
Thanks.

Hi Pete
I would not think the Admit Criteria or channel free has use on analogue but I assume it works ok on the amateur repeaters ?

The only thing to check have you got the frequency's the right way round ??

2EØFVL

Postby 2EØFVL » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:10 am

As I program the radio via the PC it's easy, so I have programmed what should be correct setting plus after it didn't work reverse setting and a setting with just the tone on to open the repeater rather than both and you guessed it all three don't work !!
At least I now know there is nothing hidden that I should be doing, and yes even amateur repeaters that I have put in all work!!
It's got to be something so simple, but at the moment I just can't see it! :x
Thanks for the replies, I'll keep you informed!!
Pete.

2EØFVL

Postby 2EØFVL » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:39 am

Still not working via our site repeater but our building is close enough to the office to go direct on the repeater output.
Al very strange but we can get round it!! :?
Pete.

g4eml
Call Sign: G4EML

Postby g4eml » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:25 am

As you are pretty sure you have all the settings correct it sounds like the repeater is not decoding the CTCSS correctly.
It may be that your MD390 is not calibrated correctly and the level of the CTCSS tone is too low or there is a bug in the firmware and it is generating the wrong tone.

If you have a second radio you could try setting it up with reverse frequencies so it works like the repeater and check that you can communicate with your MD390. That will confirm that the CTCSS tone is correct.

If you have access to a test set I would then check the level of the CTCSS tone and compare it with a working radio. I am not sure how it is adjusted on the MD390, it may not be possible without the correct software.

Colin G4EML

Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Postby Metradio » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:17 am

If you are trying to add your own radio into what could be construed as a "safety of the public" system, please do not, unless you know what you are doing otherwise it could come to bite you in the arrse..
Not trying to be a spoilsport but if something were to happen and an unauthorised radio could be blamed for any reason........

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPYonARD
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT

2EØFVL

Postby 2EØFVL » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:31 am

Now getting a radio direct from the guy that owns the set up, just means that I'll have two hand held radios, ham and site radio instead of all in one!
Never mind as long as I remember to pick up the site radio first when out and about!! ;)
Pete.

paulears
Call Sign: G4RMT

Postby paulears » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:29 pm

Metradio wrote:If you are trying to add your own radio into what could be construed as a "safety of the public" system, please do not, unless you know what you are doing otherwise it could come to bite you in the arrse..
Not trying to be a spoilsport but if something were to happen and an unauthorised radio could be blamed for any reason........

Mike

He said
No a 36 acre museum site, where I'm a volunteer, and we operate the radio shack and they are happy for us to use our own equipment so they have more for others.

Doesn't sound like a safety system and the folk there are volunteers - and having their own radios does free up others doesn't it?

Return to “TYT”