Simplex settings

A place to discuss the TYT range of radios
radiotwo
Call Sign: G6YRK

Simplex settings

Postby radiotwo » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi
I have had my 380 about a month now and a friend got one last night, as he only lives across
the other side of the estate we tried a simplex contact.
We tried first on DMR calling channel (no sound) so we tried another dmr channel again to no avail
I have had a contact with some one else on my radio, but the other guy is using the same code plug (with call sign and id number changed)
As far as I can tell the settings in the channel info is right we have the freq, contact name as local TG9, and color 1 and slot 1
What have I missed ?

Steve

Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: Simplex settings

Postby Metradio » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:32 am

Bothy radios on the same frequency, Slot 1, CC1, it should work.

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPYonARD
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT

RupertG6HVY
Call Sign: G6HVY

Postby RupertG6HVY » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Has the other chap had a successful QSO on DMR on his radio? The 'no sound on digital' problem is a known hardware fault that some radios develop (or are shipped with), and if you're both using the same codeplug (which one?) on the simplex DMR channels provided with the settings you mention there's no reason it shouldn't work.

Also, have you tried an analogue QSO? If that works and the DMR contact doesn't - and the squelch is opening, as shown by the green light, then there could be that hardware problem.

But if both radios work on a repeater and the codeplug/channel settings are good, then it's a bit mysterious.

radiotwo
Call Sign: G6YRK

Postby radiotwo » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:05 pm

Thanks for the comments, yes the radio works on analog simplex and is ok on reapeters.
We think we have found the solution but cannot see why.
we have removed the name and call sign in the contacts list and re applied from the radio
direct and it now seems ok
but why would that cause problem ?
Steve

Return to “TYT”