Numeric Buttons MD380

A place to discuss the TYT range of radios
M0XRS
Call Sign: M0XRS

Numeric Buttons MD380

Postby M0XRS » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:48 pm

Does anybody know if the long press duration on the radio can be reduced? it is currently 5sec which is quite a long time considering I could access the contacts menu quicker. would be better if it could be reduced to about 1 or 2 seconds.

Any Ideas?

Chris

Novice
Call Sign: m6oaf

Re: Numeric Buttons MD380

Postby Novice » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:20 am

Hi Chris,

If these are long press duration's for the side buttons, they can be changed in the code plug with the software under Button Definitions menu Long Press Duration [ms] option.

If I am off the mark please let me know,

Regards
Ian

M0XRS

Postby M0XRS » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:55 pm

Hi Ian,

I have set the number buttons on the keypad to access different reflectors but to activate this action means you have to press and hold the button for about 5 seconds, I was wondering if there is a way to reduce this.

Chris

Novice
Call Sign: m6oaf

Postby Novice » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:10 am

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay, I have had a few things that were happening and I missed this thread. If this is the feature that I think your referring it is not one I have used before :oops: I still think the long press duration setting should change this, it is under button definitions and top box marked "Long Press Duration" in TYT Software. I think if I have understood this correctly you are using the lower feature buttons "Number Key Quick Access Contacts", if this is the case then I think this can be changed to what ever figure is required. I have the Long Press Duration set to 1000 MS which is 1 second which is fine for me.

If I have misunderstood please let me know,

Ian

M0XRS

Postby M0XRS » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:39 pm

HI Ian,

I have set each of the number buttons to access a different reflector but cannot find anyway to reduce the time when pushing the button, I can find how to alter the time of the side buttons but not the buttons on the keypad which seem to be at about 4 - 5 seconds.

Return to “TYT”