High Power Brandmeister Node??

Bradley
Call Sign: 2E0XBW

High Power Brandmeister Node??

Postby Bradley » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:40 pm

Am I correct in saying this is not currently possible?

We have numerous 70cm repeaters (analogue and digital) in our local area. I gather it was a rather long and difficult process to get the the NoV for the latest one due to frequency congestion. I think it is unlikely that a NoV could be obtained for a Brandmeister repeater.

While I appreciate that personal hotspots can easily be set up, it would be nice if a node was available for general use by local amateurs and also be available for mobile use.

I think we would only really like 1-4W to cover our small town. I'm not sure the 10mW of a DV4 or DV-MEGA would cover particularly well, but it may be worth investigating.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Bradley

CW-2E0UCW
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Re: High Power Brandmeister Node??

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:00 am

Not too sure if BM would work well for mobiles as there is no roaming setup.

TG9 is linked between a few local repeaters in some areas (http://www.bm-dmr.uk/dashboard/BM%20UK.pdf).

One would need to check if they are able to roam but then it's limited compared to the likes of the Phoenix roaming groups.

There's no harm in trying to get more repeaters even if it is a small coverage range.

There are a few locations where people and groups have setup for BM and Phoenix both on the same and different sites.

Leicester has both Phoenix and BM over two sites whereas Weston Super Mare has numerous repeaters on one site.
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , Moonraker HT-500D , TYT MD-9600 , Ailunce HD1 , Anytone AT-D868UV , Retevis RT8 , DV Mega Bluestack (Pi-Star)
Local repeaters GB7CT , GB7WL , GB7HR , GB7NS , GB7GF and GB7BK
Admin : http://www.dmr-uk.net

MW0MWZ
Call Sign: MW0MWZ

Postby MW0MWZ » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:12 pm

Sorry for the late reply;

It is possible to run a high power node, up to your licence power limit; however;

You cannot provide an open node (for public access) without an NoV.
So, you can make your own personal node, that is access limited to your own ID (MMDVMHost allows for this for example), anyone else can listen but the node must not pass their traffic (so they can't TX into the network using your node).

Hope that helps.

Bradley
Call Sign: 2E0XBW

Postby Bradley » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:43 pm

If the repeaters in the south east did ever go Brandmeister I think I would be programming the programmable buttons on the mobile for 'One Touch Private Call' for some of the popular reflectors. But as you say BM is a bit too fiddly for vehicle mobile use. I was really only considering pedestrian mobile use which I do fairly often myself.

My understanding was the MMDVM could only be configured as a simplex node in D-Star and Fusion and that only repeater mode is available for DMR. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Return to “BrandMeister General Discussion”