BFDX TD505 RX issues from non local repeater

m0jfp
Call Sign: m0jfp

BFDX TD505 RX issues from non local repeater

Postby m0jfp » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:43 pm

I have a BFDX TD505 handheld.

I have a bit of a strange issue with them and the code plug and I am hoping you either know the issue or can help me out in some way.

Code plug initially works and I can access the local DMR repeaters.

my code plug can be downloaded from my dropbox account:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/nytnf05952tzic ... .BFDX?dl=0

I am heard on the talk groups regardless to which repeaters (e.g. tx on GB7HR and heard on GB7NS, say TG235)
I can hear someone if they are on the same repeater, all talk groups.

However if someone responds to me from a different repeater I am NOT able to hear them, but I do see the green light (RX) come on, just nothing heard.

I had noticed the repeater ID setting, which I didn't see in other CPS software, is this the issue, I have tested 1 and also 16777215 which does not seem to make any difference at all, maybe its just not used (red herring)

channel is set up, digital channel, colour code is 3 (HR) repeater slot 1 default address is 235, rx group list is also 235 (I have tried as none but makes no difference. Admit criteria is colour code free, have tried always but this is TX side so not an issue.

Thanks very much for your time and help, if you have any clues I'd be happy to hear from you.
CRC Trilogy DMR / Easy Access
Trilogy-990
Raspberry Pi-3 with DV4-mini

g4eml
Call Sign: G4EML

Re: BFDX TD505 RX issues from non local repeater

Postby g4eml » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:02 pm

The repeater ID is not sent over the air so it is not significant in programming. I cant see any reason to need to enter it in the CPS.
The transmission format for local signals should also be identical to distant repeaters so your issue is a strange one.
Do you have a link to the TD505 programming software? If I can download it I am happy to have a look at your codeplug.

Colin G4EML

g4eml

Postby g4eml » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:08 pm

One thought I have just had, are you sure your radio is not set for talkaround? You may be hearing the other transmission directly rather than via the repeater. A radio in talkaround will not necessarily receive the repeater even if it is on the same frequency. (behavior seems to be manufacturer dependent)

m0jfp

Postby m0jfp » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:52 pm

CPS software can be downloaded from my dropbox account: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9jpf4vjy3zusa ... 9.rar?dl=0

The code plug is also available here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nytnf05952tzi ... .BFDX?dl=0

Thanks for your help

James.
Trilogy-990

m0jfp

Postby m0jfp » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:56 pm

g4eml wrote:One thought I have just had, are you sure your radio is not set for talkaround? You may be hearing the other transmission directly rather than via the repeater. A radio in talkaround will not necessarily receive the repeater even if it is on the same frequency. (behavior seems to be manufacturer dependent)

Talk around is not set, however i can give it a try tonight and see if its maybe the wrong way around in the software?

I'll update you tomorrow.. Thanks..

James.
Trilogy-990

g4eml

Postby g4eml » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:28 pm

Hi James,

I have had a quick look at the codeplug and I can not see anything obvious.
You are using RXlists with just one entry which are not actually required, a radio will always receive the talkgroup it is transmitting on so you could set the rxlist to none. However that shouldn't cause any problem.

The 'Repeater ID' entry in the radio settings is strange but I found a help file online that says this is only relevant if using a BFDX repeater, it is ignored for other types of repeaters.

As I said before the repeater transmission for a locally repeated signal contains the same information as an internet connected one so I cant see why your radio appears to work with one and not the other. Very strange.

Colin

m0jfp

Postby m0jfp » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:08 am

Hi Colin,

Thanks for taking a look.
I did start with RX group set to none, like on some other radio's. But I saw the code plug for the older model, few posts down in this section of the forum and the M6 station had used them.

I'll try enabling talk back and see if that helps later on today.

Cheers

James.
Trilogy-990

Return to “BFDX Radios”