GB7HM and Salop Cluster

Information about the Salop Network
GB7GT - GB7BX - GB7OZ - GB7BJ - GB7HM
G4RPF
Call Sign: G4RPF

GB7HM and Salop Cluster

Postby G4RPF » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:46 pm

Can anyone put me right on the few Salop Repeater Channels, especially those of GB7HM?

Back in the beginning of September, I could access the limited Salop net TG950 and TG9 channels (basically 2 per repeater), everything working well.

On my latest visit to the area at the back end of November, the two channel settings have changed, I could open HM up , but didn't seem to get any response through it while monitoring on my other set.

Enquiring around, I've been advised that HM may have moved to link up with the North West Cluster, but on the other hand they may have rejoined the Phoenix Network with some limited access to talkgroups 1, 235, 80 - 84 and then a local net on talkgroup 8xx.

I've tried the various websites pertinent to the Salop Group and HM in particular, but there seem to be no other information.

Anyone able to fill me in?

This is the main thing about DMR in that there is no central 'telephone directory' where all the repeaters and their allegiances. It's almost a secret society.

CW-2E0UCW
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Re: GB7HM and Salop Cluster

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:33 pm

GB7HM connects to the Northern DMR Cluster (NDC) and thus connects into Phoenix.

At for a "directory" - UK Repeaters has a section for connectivity under each repeater so you know what network it is on.

The NDC has a website (http://www.northerndmrcluster.com/).

There is also a Phoenix news website which includes the NDC whilst they are connected to Phoenix (http://www.dmr-uk.net).
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , Moonraker HT-500D , Retevis RT82 , TYT MD-9600 , Retevis RT8 , RPi3 DV Mega
Local repeaters GB7HR, GB7WL, GB7NS, GB7GF and GB7BK
Admin : http://www.dmr-uk.net

G4RPF

Postby G4RPF » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:13 pm

OK, So checked the other sites out and it doesn't seem to be listed on those. On the northern cluster is shows HM on the edge of the map, but doesn't mention it in any other part of the website.
HM is listed on the Salop Cluster. So has it shifted to Northern Cluster now and therefore doesn't connect to Salop? Or have all the Salop repeaters joined it in connecting to Phoenix and dropped the local link talkgroup or does the local talkgroup still exist.
I'd love to get to the bottom of it before Christmas as that's the direction in which I'm heading.

Cheers

Tyrbiter
Call Sign: G8SEZ

Postby Tyrbiter » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:00 am

http://www.gb7hm.uk/

Have you looked here? I can't tell if this is old information or whether the repeater really has disappeared since last November.

Ah, UK Repeaters is showing HM as operational, so I assume it is. Says 6 TGs, but doesn't mention anything more. TGs appear to match the Phoenix ones.

BTW, ex-Bedford G4RPF? Hope you're doing well Phil.

--

Brian G8SEZ
Brian

G4RPF

Postby G4RPF » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi Brian,

Yep, tried the HM website(s) as there appears to be 2, the Salop Cluster Site etc. I was down at ML &S a couple of weeks ago and the guys there said that HM had move to the Northern Cluster. Its like its a phantom repeater. I did try contacting the keeper through various sites, but haven't seen a reply yet.

I'll re code the radios and then see what happens.

I'am the Bedford 4RPF, but moved back to Essex and may then move to HM land - that's if they'll let me into the repeater. I still hit BF occasionally as I motor past on the A14 and my sister still lives there in a quint village called willington.

Phil

Tyrbiter

Postby Tyrbiter » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Phil

If you have an Android device the DigiHam app appears to be up to date for information about GB7HM.

You can find it in the Play Store, it's free.

HTH
Brian

G6ENU
Call Sign: G6ENU

Postby G6ENU » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:03 pm

the DigiHam app appears to be up to date for information about GB7HM.

What's it actually called? "digiham" as a search string returns no results.
Ian
Camberley
Surrey

Tyrbiter

Postby Tyrbiter » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:32 pm

G6ENU wrote:
the DigiHam app appears to be up to date for information about GB7HM.

What's it actually called? "digiham" as a search string returns no results.

Digital Ham UK by Clwydian

DigiHam in the apps list once installed.
Brian

G6ENU
Call Sign: G6ENU

Postby G6ENU » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Thanks for that.
Ian
Camberley
Surrey

Return to “Salop Network”