Dual Band Tier 2 DMR VHF/UHF Thread

This section is for general chat and any off topic posts that dont fit in anywhere else, if we find somewhere they fit better a member of the admin team will move the post for you
CW-2E0UCW
Call Sign: 2E0UCW

Re: Dual Band Tier 2 DMR VHF/UHF Thread

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:26 am

This radio sounds like more of a mission than it's worth.

I've put mine back in the box until I get feedback from Radioditty who also have a copy of my code plug.

Having done numerous code plugs across numerous manufacturers, I have always stuck to creating them in a set routing (1) add the contacts (2) create the rx lists (3) create the scan/roam lists (4) create the zones (5) create the channels (6) add channels to the zones (7) add channels to the scan/roam lists.
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , Moonraker HT-500D , TYT MD-9600 , Ailunce HD1 , Anytone AT-D868UV , Retevis RT8 , DV Mega Bluestack (Pi-Star)
Local repeaters GB7CT , GB7WL , GB7HR , GB7NS , GB7GF and GB7BK
Admin : http://www.dmr-uk.net

CW-2E0UCW

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:39 pm

I have now got the radio to work.

It requires a few key presses and a code to unlock some of the vital features in the CPS such as Admit Criteria and TOT.

The CPS is still a bit of a mess - it has the dual line display like the TYT/Retevis dual band but doesn't have to members to add channels to.

Audio quality reports have been good via repeater and hotspot.
Baofeng UV-5R , Motorola DM4600 , Moonraker HT-500D , TYT MD-9600 , Ailunce HD1 , Anytone AT-D868UV , Retevis RT8 , DV Mega Bluestack (Pi-Star)

Novice
Call Sign: m6oaf

Postby Novice » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:41 am

Hi Chris,
Thank you for the update, can I ask if you ordered direct from Radioddity directly or via a reseller? Also for the password in the software it is universal or unique to the software version? I am thinking of ordering and wanted to try and cut a very basic code plug for local repeaters so any tips would be greatly received.
Many thanks
Ian

CW-2E0UCW

Postby CW-2E0UCW » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:43 pm

The password issue with the CPS is being fixed - have a look at the "Radioddity Two Way Radio" FB Group.

Setting up a code plug is not hard, just a bit longer to do without the import/export function which will be added - see FW/CPS update plan below.

As for my radio, I got it off Amazon (sold by Treasure Nova) - http://amzn.eu/8Qpn6OA

GD-77 Update Progress & Plan

Firmware Upgrade
1) Talk Permit Tones……EST 8th, Sep.
2) 1750 Tones Option……EST 8th, Sep.
3) Promiscuous Mode……EST October
4) 5V Desktop Charger USB Port……Still testing
5) Backlight options……will be available for the next batch of radios

For the above 1) & 2) we will provide a firmware upgrade tutorial later

CPS Upgrade
1) The comma display issue on European version……Already upgraded
2) Password on advanced mode, enter once and saved……Already upgraded
3) Contact List Summary Display, and support import and export function with xls file (Excel)……EST 8th, Sep.
4) Channel List Summary Display, and support import and export function with xls file (Excel)……EST 8th, Sep.

For the above 1) & 2) the newest CPS is already available on our website; We will send out notice if 3) & 4) are ok.
3. To be determined

Novice
Call Sign: m6oaf

Postby Novice » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Hi Chris,
Many thanks for all the details,
Regards
Ian

slimgym
Call Sign: G7MIL

Postby slimgym » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:02 pm

See Amazon now have 'fulfilled by' which should avoid the issues with HMC&E charges.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Radioddity-Cha ... ords=gd-77

paulears
Call Sign: G4RMT

Postby paulears » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:43 am

It always niggles me that Amazon rarely include VAT on any invoices, but yesterday they asked me if I wished to convert my personal account to a business one if I was VAT registered, which I am. I've done this as many of my invoices are for business purposes. Hopefully now more of my received invoices will have VAT content shown in a form I can claim it back.

paulears
Call Sign: G4RMT

Postby paulears » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:48 pm

update - the VAT thing just means that VAT registered suppliers will be highlighted and Ex-vat prices shown for these people. They still need to then provide a VAT invoice, Amazon, neatly sidestepping the VAT status they enjoy/abuse.

Tyrbiter
Call Sign: G8SEZ

Postby Tyrbiter » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

I see there is new firmware and CPS for the GD-77 released in the last couple of weeks.

Has anyone here tried it, I did see a comment elsewhere that a beta version caused problems but the new release is a newer version than the beta so perhaps it's fixed...
Brian

g4eml
Call Sign: G4EML

Postby g4eml » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am

The new firmware does work and adds some useful features to the radio such as VFO. However I would recommend waiting a while as there are still a couple of problems.

Some people have reported that under some circumstances the radio goes into permanent transmit on its own and gets very hot. I haven’t seen that on mine but I am watching out for it.

There is a problem in the CPS with setting up scanlists. Some channels are getting corrupted.

I expect there to be a fix for these problems soon, then it would be worth updating. However you would have to build your codeplug again (or at least modify it) as the layout has changed and old codeplugs won’t work with the new firmware.

Return to “General Chit Chat / Off Topic”