Additional DMR-MARC radio IDs?

Use this section to ask UK DMR Admins any questions
M0NGY
Call Sign: M0NGY

Additional DMR-MARC radio IDs?

Postby M0NGY » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:42 am

Hi,

Does anyone know how to register for a second radio ID? I'm doing some testing, and going to be doing some demos of DMR technology as part of some upcoming foundation/intermediate training courses, and having a single radio ID on two radios trying to talk to each other is proving problematic.

I've tried registering on the ham-digital site with my callsign /M, but it (unsurprisingly) rejects the duplicate registration. There's also no option to actually contact anyone, as far as I can see... :(

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Jon

g4eml
Call Sign: G4EML

Re: Additional DMR-MARC radio IDs?

Postby g4eml » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:33 pm

HI Jon,

Normally one ID is enough and it is not normally recommended that people have more than one.
However I agree having a second one does make testing and demos easier. The system used to allow two IDs for this reason. Since it was taken over by the ham-digital site it seems to be more restrictive.

I believe the contact for the site is dl5di@darc.de , maybe an email to him would produce a result.

73 Colin G4EML

Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin
Call Sign: 2E0SQK

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:52 pm

If you go onto the DMR-MARC site and go through the process there you should be fine

I have more than one id and once you explain why you should be fine. I just went through the setup on the DMR-MARC page as you would for your first one and it worked fine.

Hope you get it sorted out

Paul

sierra_za
Call Sign: ----

Postby sierra_za » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:44 pm

It's usually only the Motorola radios that need more than one ID if you are using them for testing as the transmitting and receiving radio need different ID's in order for the receiving radio to receive the transmission. 2 would be needed at most unless the radios don't have the problem described above. I use a Motorola DM and DP and each have a different ID for testing purposes when I've updated the code plug.

M0NGY

Postby M0NGY » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:45 pm

Thanks all, sadly attempting to register on the DMR-MARC site points me to ham-digital as soon as I say I'm in the UK. I can go through the motions on there, but it pops up an error at the end saying "No new registration possible shortly after last registration.", which I assume means "You already have one, go away." :(

I'll drop an email to the maintainer and see what he says, thanks Colin.

Cheers

Jon

M0NGY

Postby M0NGY » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:50 pm

sierra_za wrote:It's usually only the Motorola radios that need more than one ID if you are using them for testing as the transmitting and receiving radio need different ID's in order for the receiving radio to receive the transmission. 2 would be needed at most unless the radios don't have the problem described above. I use a Motorola DM and DP and each have a different ID for testing purposes when I've updated the code plug.

Currently one (soon to be two) of the radios are Motorolas - glad I wasn't being silly as I had great difficulty with the Tytera talking to the Motorola DP4800 with the same ID!

Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin
Call Sign: 2E0SQK

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 pm

I didn't have any issues last time maybe they have tweeked something in the submission forms im not sure its been a while since I had to do the whole id thing.

I am sure you will get it sorted out, the only downside to it is if your going over the gateway it will show up as you talking to yourself but in simplex mode it will be fine as no gateway to worry about :)

Let me know how you get on

Return to “Ask UKDMR_ADMINS Section”