Updating DMR ID Database.

Use this section to ask UK DMR Admins any questions
mtbell
Call Sign: M0TEB

Updating DMR ID Database.

Postby mtbell » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:00 am

Just wondering how I can update the call sign relating to my DMR ID, Mine and a couple of other people I know have since progressed from Foundation to Intermediate and Advance but our ID's are still on the old call sign.
I tried to reply to the original email from when I registered but it was returned as failed.
I have two radios in use and now have two ID's one on a "2E0" and the other on "M0" and would like them both on "M0"
Also to put information in the home repeater and remarks column.
Cheers.

Metradio
Call Sign: G7HID

Re: Updating DMR ID Database.

Postby Metradio » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:21 am

Just put the M0 ID in both radios..

Mike
Connect Systems CS750 and CS800, Hytera PD-365, Motorola DP4600
Raspberry Pi 2 and DV4Mini HotSpot
AOR AR-DV1 Digital Voice Receiver / eSPYonARD
WS1088 / TRX-1 / Whistler Q / UBCD3600XLT

g4eml
Call Sign: G4EML

Postby g4eml » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:41 pm

The email address for UK database requests is
registration@uk-dmr.net An email to this address will get it sorted for you.

73 Colin G4EML

mtbell

Postby mtbell » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Thanks for both reply's.
Mike - Done that but the live monitor obviously is still wrong. It's the database I'm trying to get updated.
Colin - Thanks, I'll try that.

Regards
Martyn.

Paul-2E0SQK
Site Admin
Call Sign: 2E0SQK

Postby Paul-2E0SQK » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi Mike

From the sounds of it you have one ID against the 2E0 call and one against the M0 call.

Unless you are going to use both radios at the same time the easiest soloution is to use the ID for the M0 call in both radios that way the live monitor will show correct for your M0 call.

It can be a pain getting the ID updated I struggled myself and ended up with 2 ID's and just use the one assigned to my 2E0 call

mtbell

Postby mtbell » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:53 am

Ok, so I've had a reply to basically say this can't be done. I requested to update the database with my new advanced call sign and to fill in the local repeater and remarks fields.
The reply was that the other two fields are no longer used and once you have registered - that's it you cant change.

This to me seems a bit unusual as I would have thought keeping it up to date would have been a good idea - albeit time consuming.
Progression of licence and moving location are not unusual.
So it seems you have to just register another ID and ignore the old one, which is very wastefull of user ID's given the limited number and the fact there's no way to surrender the old one.
Of course I'm still using the old ID but its confusing when your talking to someone through a repeater and it comes up with the wrong call sign, might as well just registered an anonymous name!

Hopefully this will help others and something will be done as I cant imagine this will go on forever and the longer its out of date the more useless it will become.

73 Martyn.

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:17 pm

mtbell wrote:...So it seems you have to just register another ID and ignore the old one, which is very wastefull of user ID's given the limited number and the fact there's no way to surrender the old one.
Of course I'm still using the old ID but its confusing when your talking to someone through a repeater and it comes up with the wrong call sign, might as well just registered an anonymous name!...

Martyn this is no different from the way OFCOM issues callsigns, once you progress to another class your old call becomes redundant and is not re-issued..
Just use your new ID then nobody will be confused..

Mike

sierra_za
Call Sign: ----

Postby sierra_za » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:03 pm

When I changed my licence last year, I used this page to get it updated - http://dmr-marc.net/CONTACT/contact_form.html however what I've found is that many people still have my old call sign attached to the radio ID in their radios. This is as most people don't update their contacts as the UK has more ID's that radios can handle. In theory, there's nothing wrong with using an ID attached to your "old" call sign - it's still your call sign unless you surrender it back to Ofcom (which I doubt many people do). I've updated my radio contacts on a weekend using the last heard list only to find more ID's pop up without call signs so now I manually add who I want to see

The more ID's one has the harder it is for people that do update their contacts to do so. I've spotted a few call signs with more than 3 ID's - is this really necessary? I have 2 - one for home & mobile and one for portable. Also the comments and repeater have no influence on the system. Since I registered for my ID I've had 2 repeaters pop up closer to the repeater I originally started using and looking at the database on [url]dmr-marc.net[/url] I have no home repeater or remarks.

Having looked at several posts on Facebook, the main database is run my a guy in Germany so I wonder if updating via the UK would only update the local system and the local monitors and would the data on [url]dmr-marc.net[/url] get updated as well? I presume the systems have to synchronize what I've seen online - I wonder if they update backwards as well?

Overall it's nice to have your latest call sign against your ID but at the end of it, it makes no difference to the operation.

Metradio

Postby Metradio » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:48 pm

sierra_za wrote:....Having looked at several posts on Facebook, the main database is run my a guy in Germany so I wonder if updating via the UK would only update the local system and the local monitors and would the data on [url]dmr-marc.net[/url] get updated as well? I presume the systems have to synchronize what I've seen online - I wonder if they update backwards as well?

Overall it's nice to have your latest call sign against your ID but at the end of it, it makes no difference to the operation.

I noticed after the Kempton Park Rally new users on the DMR network had their ID's syncronised and viewable world wide within 24hrs.
The OP has 2 ID's one for his 2E call and a later one for his G0 call, so the use of the later ID only would be the sensible option.

I am lucky, my CS750 has room for 64,000 contacts and at the moment has the WW database of 24.000 contacts in it (as of today the UK contains 2,449 contacts with 138 duplicate entries)

Mike

Return to “Ask UKDMR_ADMINS Section”